0844 870 6592
(charged as a local call)
Browse Our Services
Why Choose EMD Law?
If you commute and cannot attend a 9-5:30pm appointment we would be happy to meet with you outside of normal office hours. Please contact us to arrange an appointment.
Should you be unable to attend our offices we can usually arrange a home visit or a visit to a residential home or hospital. Please contact us to discuss.
We may be able to offer you a "no win no fee" arrangement, payment by instalments or a deferred payment arrangement. Please contact us to discuss.
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
Enter your details below to sign up to our monthly newsletter
User data is stored in line with this Privacy Policy
I am happy to receive promotional emails from EMD Law

Court of Protection

Court of Protection

Unfortunately, there may come a time when an individual loses mental capacity, whether it be by old age, learning difficulties or mental illness and such an individual may need someone to help them look after their affairs.

A person can apply to the Court of Protection to be appointed as a deputy for someone who does not have the necessary mental capacity to manage their own affairs.  Our Court of Protection team can advise you with regard to the application and can guide you throughout the whole application process until the Deputyship Order is received.  The Deputyship Application can be a complication and lengthy application and we can ensure the matter continues to progress smoothy and efficiently until its conclusion.

In addition, if you have concerns regarding the way a loved-one's financial affairs are being managed , please contact us and we can advise you of the potential action that you may take.  This can include making an application to the Court of Protection and, again, we can guide you through this.

Other ad-hoc applications can also be made to the Court of Protection, if an individual has lost mental capacity, to include an application to change the Will of the individual (e.g. for inheritance tax reasons), an application for a statutory Will or an application to get a registered Enduring Power of Attorney revoked.  

If you wish to discuss any of the above, or if you feel our Court of Protection team may be able to assist you further, please do not hesitate to contact us.  We can offer a free initial consultation regarding Court of Protection matters and can advise you of the potential ways forward.